Incense Smoker The Carpenter’s Glue Oven
for use with incense cones
In previous centuries, the original of our little round iron stove was often built and much in use.
- as a glue oven, fired with wood-cuttings, to keep wood glue made from animal bones warm in joiners’ workshops
- a useful and flexible alternative to firing a large kitchen stove for swift, early morning breakfast action
- it was the principle source of heat in railway wagons and construction vehicles
- particularly useful if one needed additional heating in some cold corner of the house in mid-winter
- as a means of producing warm water for various purposes
and much more…
Its obvious advantages are its light weight, its compact size and its ability to deliver instant heat. We produce a table-sized, cast-iron replica of this classic oven, specifically for the enjoyment of burning our exquisite incense cones!